Friday, September 03, 2010

Bali - Day 2

10.00am
Our first destination was Ubud. Arthur wanted to buy a wall decor and looked for some furnitures for his new house. I had never imagined before that from Denpasar to Ubud would take such a long hour.

We had a brunch first at Bebek Tepi Sawah. Wow...what a view! So comfy..so relaxing though I was a bit disappointed with the menu. Using 'bebek' as their name, I assumed they would give some options of ducks as a main course on their menu. Alas, they only have a crispy fried duck. How come? Such a big question on me.

We ordered 3 portions of crispy ducks, mineral water, mix of apple and lime juice for me and carrot juice for Arthur. In about 20 minutes, the waiters came with our food.






On the way to Ubud, we stopped by at some interesting spots such as greeny paddy field and Tegalalang. Praise the Lord for creating such a beautiful scenery for us.






In Ubud, we visited some handycraft shops. Some were busy with paint and others were busy with QC before importing those crafts to US or Europe. Then we were off to Ubud market. I would like to buy dresses and table cloths for mom and my sisters. Well, Ubud market definitely won't be my next destination when I'm in Bali again. Their main target are foreigners so all prices are so high and it's not easy to bargain with.

Next stop was Naughty Nuri's. It's a Mexican restaurant and Arthur claimed that their BBQ pork rib is the very best. Well, since I don't eat pork so no comment on that. I rather chose BBQ brastwurst sausage with mashed potatoes. Those were so so. The pork rib was sooo thick and big. Btw, I loved the ambience. With lots of interesting vintage posters on the red walls.








So tired and yet full of fun.

08.00pm
Arthur picked me up for dinner. We both were on vacation so had so little time to chat.

Arthur took me to a seafood restaurant around Kuta. The food was great but the portion was so small :( We spent the night by driving along Kuta. Bars and pubs everywhere. I enjoyed seeing the crowd. It's so alive.

Midnight
Home at last.

No comments: