Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Mein Kampf

I bought this book at Gramedia Plaza Semanggi last month. Not a fan of Hitler, of course. Just a simple curiosity about why he did that cruelest thing to thousands of innocent people...what's on his mind....why was he so racist?

Page one to page two to page three....damn translation!! I really cannot understand it at all. Don't get me wrong. It's in Bahasa version but seems they translated it word per word. So poor! Took a deep breath and tried again but still....it's so not enjoyable to read. I gave up!

Spending IDR 150,000 just for nothing. This is my second unfinished book after Brisingr.




I remember my little chat with Ben Gledhill, my colleague from Hong Kong office, in one fine morning about two weeks ago. We were discussing about his ground transport arrangement when suddenly he looked so shocked.

Ben: Wow!
Me: What?
Ben: Is there something you want to confess....now?
Me: No? Why?
Ben: Wow!
Me: Whaaat??
Ben: That! (pointing his finger to my book) Are you one of them or what?
Me: Hahaha (blushing) no....just curious. Uhhmm I should've kept this hidden (putting some papers and books on top of it)

Then Ben left me like he just got a heart attack. Sorry pal!

No comments: