Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kimchi Jjigae

Kimchi jjigae has been my favorite dish for the past 2 months. It's simple yet so delicious. Takes less than 10 mins to prepare and to cook. So, it's so helpful during my nights at kost. 

My kimchi jjigae version only needs kimchi, gochujang (Korean chili paste), green onion, mushrooms (as a substitute for pork belly), tofu, fish ball, sesame oil and a pinch of salt.

To cook:
Put some fish balls, tofu and mushrooms into boiling water. Then put one table spoon of gochujang, kimchi, one table spoon of sesame oil (this sesame oil makes the soup tastier), green onion and a pinch of salt. Boil it a few minutes more with medium heat. Ready to eat then :)

So today, I started my Saturday noon with a rerun of Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (until episode 6) and followed by It's Okay It's Love (IOIL). Then, I ran an errand for some groceries at Kota Kasablanka in the afternoon (got a nice pants, white blouse, cardigan and short sleeve pullover as bonus) then back to kost, had kimchi jjigae for my dinner and now watching IOIL again. 

  
kimchi




gochujang

kimchi jjigae
ps:
oneul-eun nan gwaenchanha (today, I am doing fine)

No comments: